This is a guide to the official calendar of popular festivals and events in Cordoba for 2022, as well as cultural activities taking place in the city this year. Some of the important festivals and events have been cancelled due to the COVID epidemic, but others will take place. These are the most important events for this year.
Events in January
- The city’s Nativity Scene competition runs until 5 January.
- The cavalcade of Their Majesties the Magi of the East will be the 5th of this month as is tradition.
- The Medieval Market visits the city of Cordoba on the 28th, 29th and 30th of January.
- The Agrupaciones Carnavalescas contest should be held this month and end with the Grand Final at the Gran Teatro de Córdoba.
- From the 14th you can already eat snails in the typical stalls. They will be open until June 14, observing all safety regulations by COVID 19.
- The canaval will be held on the streets from the end of February and March.
- This year’s the Holy Week will take place between the 10th and 16th of April. We do not yet know whether processions will be able to take place in the traditional way.
- The 24th of April is celebrated “the beans of the Hermitages“.
- The pilgrimage to Santo Domingo is also celebrated on the 24th.
- The Montilla-Moriles Wine Tasting is scheduled to take place between 20 and 24 of this month.
May in Cordoba
In May the main festivals in Cordoba are celebrated. Next the most important …
- The popular Battle of Flowers will be held this year on May 2nd.
- The May Crosses will be held from April 28th to May 2nd.
- The pilgrimage of the Virgen de Linares is scheduled for the 8th.
- The Courtyards Festival is celebrated from the 3rd to the 15th of May.
- On the same date, the Contest of bars and Balconies is held.
- The Cordoba Fair it runs from the 21st to the 28th of this month.
- The White Night of Flamenco is another of those events that will be cis a party scheduled for 18 June.
- The summer cinemas season season starts in June, but we don’t yet know what restrictions they will have this year.
Many of the events in Cordoba are held in summer, these are some of them:
- The various popular Verbenas will nThe different popular Verbenas in the different neighbourhoods of Cordoba
- The International Guitar Festival takes place from the 1st to the 9th of this month.
This August the different festivals have yet to be confirmed, and if they continue like this they will all be postponed to other years due to restrictions.
- The Velá de la Fuensanta will take place from the 7rd to the 11th.
- Cabalcor will be held from the 15th to the 18th of this month.
- The season of roasted chestnuts has begun.
- The International Flower Festival is not yet stuck.
- San Rafael Day, custodian of Cordoba
- Competition Bethlehem for Christmas.
- End of the year parties on the 31st
Up to here an overview of the festivals, fairs and events in Córdoba that will be celebrated in this year 2021. We cannot be held responsible by Siente Córdoba if there are any changes to the published dates.