This is a guide to the official calendar of popular festivals and events in Córdoba for 2021, as well as cultural activities taking place in the city this year. Many important festivals and events have been cancelled due to the COVID epidemic and the inability to travel and sightsee.
Events in January
- The city’s Nativity Scene competition runs until 5 January.
- The cavalcade of Their Majesties the Magi of the East will be the 5th of this month as is tradition.
- The Medieval Market should visit the city of Cordoba during the last days of January.
- The Agrupaciones Carnavalescas contest should be held this month and end with the Grand Final at the Gran Teatro de Córdoba.
- From the 19th you can already eat snails in the typical stalls. They will be open until June 14, observing all safety regulations by COVID 19.
- This year the Holy Week is celebrated between March 28th and April 4th. Since it is not possible to celebrate processions, the different brotherhoods will organize visits inside the emplos.
- This year “the beans of the Hermitages” will not be celebrated.
- The Pilgrimage to Santo Domingo is cancelled.
- The Montilla-Moriles Wine Tasting is not scheduled to be held this year.
- The popular Battle of Flowers will not be held this year.
May in Cordoba
In May the main festivals in Cordoba are celebrated. Next the most important …
- The May Crosses will not be on display this year due to restrictions.
- The Pilgrimage of the Virgen de Linares is also cancelled.
- The Courtyards Festival is celebrated from the 3rd to the 16th of May, coinciding with its centenary.
- On the same date, the Contest of bars and Balconies is held.
- The Cordoba Fair is cancelled this year
- The White Night of Flamenco is another of those events that will be cancelled this year.
- The summer cinemas season season starts in June, but we don’t yet know what restrictions they will have this year.
- The various popular Verbenas will not be held due to COVID 19 restrictions.
- The Velá de la Fuensanta will take place from the 3rd to the 8th, but this has yet to be confirmed.
- Cabalcor is usually held this month, but has not yet been authorised.
- Cosmopoética, in this year’s edition it is not yet known if it will be with restrictions and how it will be held.
- The season of roasted chestnuts has begun.
- The International Flower Festival is not yet stuck.
- San Rafael Day, custodian of Cordoba
- Competition Bethlehem for Christmas.
- End of the year parties on the 31st
Up to here an overview of the festivals, fairs and events in Córdoba that will be celebrated in this year 2021. We cannot be held responsible by Siente Córdoba if there are any changes to the published dates.